Subscribe Register Login

Sunday, April 20, 2014, 8:29 a.m.
Top Picks - Mobile App

New trial ordered in quintuple killing

By The Associated Press

This article was published November 8, 2012 at 9:45 a.m.

— The Arkansas Supreme Court says a man convicted in the 2009 shooting deaths of five people deserves a new trial.

Samuel Lee Conway had been convicted of five counts of capital murder, plus other charges, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. But the high court Thursday reversed his convictions and sentences, and ordered a new trial.

Conway argued that he deserved a new trial because a judge didn’t get rid of a juror who said he couldn’t be fair to Conway.

The high court sided with Conway, saying that the judge abused his discretion in failing to dismiss that juror.

The justices also said Conway didn’t have a fair and impartial trial last year.

Comment on: New trial ordered in quintuple killing

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 total comment

BP1981 says... November 8, 2012 at 7:02 p.m.

This is an outrage! How fairly did Conway treat his victims? Our system is broken. Now the surviving family members will once again have to relive the horror. Disgusting. The Supreme Court is wrong and so is Homer Wright. Why did he proceed with the juror on board? This whole thing reeks.

( | suggest removal )

  • page
  • 1
Click here to make a comment

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

TOP JOBS

Search 1040 jobs >

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online