LITTLE ROCK Motorists who commute through the construction zone at the Big Rock Interchange project at Interstates 430 and 630 will face new restrictions in the coming days.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department said in a statement that drivers can expect the following changes:
- On Thursday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., single-lane closures will occur on I-430 South from Rodney Parham Road south while crews restripe lanes.
- On Friday beginning at 9 a.m., one to two lanes of southbound I-430 will be closed in the same area, at times leaving only one southbound lane open. The West Markham Street exit will also be closed. These restrictions will remain in place until the restriping work is done.
- Through Friday, temporary lane closures will go into effect at times between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Financial Centre Parkway and Shackleford Road.
- On Friday beginning at 10 p.m. and continuing through 5 a.m. Monday, crews will close the southeast loop ramp from Financial Centre Parkway/I-630 east to I-430 north. Motorists will be directed via detour signs to go south on Shackleford Road to I-430. Crews will be hanging steel beams during the closure.
- On Monday and Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., single lane closures will be possible throughout the area while crews restripe the two interstates and surrounding roads.
Highway director Scott Bennett said the work should wrap Tuesday and no additional traffic pattern changes or closures will be in effect between Thanksgiving and the end of the year.
The $124 million interchange project is expected to be completed in 2014.