Subscribe Register Login

Auburn tops Arkansas 45-21 in season opener

Saturday, August 30, 2014, 11:16 p.m.
Top Picks - Mobile App

Space heater blamed for LR house fire

By Gavin Lesnick

This article was originally published November 29, 2012 at 8:53 a.m. Updated November 29, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.

emergency-vehicles-respond-to-2701-lewis-st-in-little-rock

Emergency vehicles respond to 2701 Lewis St. in Little Rock.

— A space heater sparked a fire that damaged a Little Rock home on Lewis Street, officials said Thursday.

Crews were called to 2701 Lewis Street about 8:15 a.m., finding a fire in one room of the single-story residence.

Firefighters on scene said an interior room was "blacked over" with fire damage and much of the rest of the interior suffered smoke damage.

Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon said investigators later determined a space heater started the blaze, causing an estimated $5,000 in damage.

The residents in the home are being assisted by the Red Cross, Hickmon said.

No injuries were reported.

Comments on: Space heater blamed for LR house fire

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

  • Adon

    needed for 120 bed nursing facility in NLR. RN License requ...
    NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Field operations supervisors

    i'm shaping future at super high speed. Now Hiring - Lowell...
    LOWELL, AR

  • Bank opps.

    bank opportunitiesnew and growing bank in Jefferson County s...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Receptionist

    vantage point of northwest arkansas Is seeking qualified app...
    FAYETTEVILLE, AR

  • Part-time opportunity

    The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is looking for a self motivat...
    Pine Bluff, AR

Search 1046 jobs >

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online