Subscribe Register Login

Saturday, September 20, 2014, 9:18 p.m.
Top Picks - Mobile App

Space heater blamed for LR house fire

By Gavin Lesnick

This article was originally published November 29, 2012 at 8:53 a.m. Updated November 29, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.

emergency-vehicles-respond-to-2701-lewis-st-in-little-rock

Emergency vehicles respond to 2701 Lewis St. in Little Rock.

— A space heater sparked a fire that damaged a Little Rock home on Lewis Street, officials said Thursday.

Crews were called to 2701 Lewis Street about 8:15 a.m., finding a fire in one room of the single-story residence.

Firefighters on scene said an interior room was "blacked over" with fire damage and much of the rest of the interior suffered smoke damage.

Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon said investigators later determined a space heater started the blaze, causing an estimated $5,000 in damage.

The residents in the home are being assisted by the Red Cross, Hickmon said.

No injuries were reported.

Comments on: Space heater blamed for LR house fire

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

  • Hvac technicians

    at Comfort Systems USA (Arkansas) Inc Insurance, vacation, ...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Hr/payroll

    is currently accepting applications for:•Director of Campus ...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Teacher -need full time caring

    Teacher-Need full time caring indiv.l to work w/children who...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Carriers

    wanted monthly earnings of up to $1200 Delivering the Arkan...
    Little Rock, AR

  • Vascular sonographer

    Assistant Professor of NeurosurgeryUAMS to fill Asst. Prof. ...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

Search 884 jobs >

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online