Subscribe Register Login

Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 7:56 a.m.
Top Picks - Mobile App

Space heater blamed for LR house fire

By Gavin Lesnick

This article was originally published November 29, 2012 at 8:53 a.m. Updated November 29, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.

emergency-vehicles-respond-to-2701-lewis-st-in-little-rock

Emergency vehicles respond to 2701 Lewis St. in Little Rock.

— A space heater sparked a fire that damaged a Little Rock home on Lewis Street, officials said Thursday.

Crews were called to 2701 Lewis Street about 8:15 a.m., finding a fire in one room of the single-story residence.

Firefighters on scene said an interior room was "blacked over" with fire damage and much of the rest of the interior suffered smoke damage.

Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon said investigators later determined a space heater started the blaze, causing an estimated $5,000 in damage.

The residents in the home are being assisted by the Red Cross, Hickmon said.

No injuries were reported.

Comments on: Space heater blamed for LR house fire

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

  • Road const/traffic c

    laborers: Construction company looking for laborers, will tr...
    BRYANT, AR

  • Outside sales representatives

    Needed! - 25 Hour Work Week - 3:00pm to 8:00pm Monday-Frida...
    Little Rock, AR

  • Part-time opportunity

    The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is looking for a self motivat...
    Pine Bluff, AR

  • Forestry

    forestrymendiola Services, LLC, Warren, AR, is now hiring 4...
    WARREN, AR

  • Tree tirmmers

    27-temporary Tree Trimmers & Pruners Position: 10/01/14-11/0...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

Search 936 jobs >

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online