Subscribe Register Login

Friday, July 25, 2014, 12:18 a.m.
Top Picks - Mobile App

Space heater blamed for LR house fire

By Gavin Lesnick

This article was originally published November 29, 2012 at 8:53 a.m. Updated November 29, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.

emergency-vehicles-respond-to-2701-lewis-st-in-little-rock

Emergency vehicles respond to 2701 Lewis St. in Little Rock.

— A space heater sparked a fire that damaged a Little Rock home on Lewis Street, officials said Thursday.

Crews were called to 2701 Lewis Street about 8:15 a.m., finding a fire in one room of the single-story residence.

Firefighters on scene said an interior room was "blacked over" with fire damage and much of the rest of the interior suffered smoke damage.

Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon said investigators later determined a space heater started the blaze, causing an estimated $5,000 in damage.

The residents in the home are being assisted by the Red Cross, Hickmon said.

No injuries were reported.

Comments on: Space heater blamed for LR house fire

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

  • Human resources representative

    avantage point of northwest arkansas Is seeking qualified ap...
    FAYETTEVILLE, AR

  • Boston's restaurant & sports bar

    Boston's Restaurant& Sports Bar I-440 at Airport Exit, LR Hi...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Crane operator

    schueck steel Steel construction company seeking a for var...
    Little Rock, AR

  • Dietary aide

    dietary aidenow taking applications for Saturday & Sunday 6a...
    NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Content editor

    KATV is looking for a responsible person to take over dutie...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

Search 831 jobs >

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online