Subscribe Register Login

Friday, December 19, 2014, 1:16 a.m.
Top Picks - Capture Arkansas

Space heater blamed for LR house fire

By Gavin Lesnick

This article was originally published November 29, 2012 at 8:53 a.m. Updated November 29, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.


Emergency vehicles respond to 2701 Lewis St. in Little Rock.

— A space heater sparked a fire that damaged a Little Rock home on Lewis Street, officials said Thursday.

Crews were called to 2701 Lewis Street about 8:15 a.m., finding a fire in one room of the single-story residence.

Firefighters on scene said an interior room was "blacked over" with fire damage and much of the rest of the interior suffered smoke damage.

Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon said investigators later determined a space heater started the blaze, causing an estimated $5,000 in damage.

The residents in the home are being assisted by the Red Cross, Hickmon said.

No injuries were reported.

Comments on: Space heater blamed for LR house fire

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.


  • Education

    The Warren School Districtis seeking qualified, applicants f...

  • Lpns & cnas all shifts

    Spring Creek Health and Rehab LPNs and CNAS all shifts Dieta...
    Cabot, AR

  • Plumbers

    and combination welders at Comfort Systems USA (Arkansas) I...

  • Transporter

    vantage point of northwest arkansas Is seeking qualified app...

  • Office / warehouse manager

    office / warehouse manager Distribution co. in Conway. Dutie...
    CONWAY, Arkansas

Search 737 jobs >

Top Picks - Capture Arkansas
Arkansas Online