HOT SPRINGS — Oaklawn Park says no people or horses were injured when a fire broke out Tuesday in a barn at the racetrack.
Oaklawn officials say the fire broke out Tuesday morning in one of the upstairs sleeping rooms of a barn. Assistant general manager David Longinotti says the blaze was quickly extinguished.
Longinotti told the Sentinel-Record that investigators think the fire started after clothing was left near a space heater.
The barn has 48 stalls and Longinotti says about 30 of those were in use at the time of the fire.
No live racing was scheduled Tuesday. The track is entering its last few weeks of the racing season with the Racing Festival of the South scheduled for next week.