Lane closures are set into the weekend in Little Rock, North Little Rock and Carlisle, highway officials have said.
Weekend lane closure at Little Rock's "Big Rock" interchange
A northbound Interstate 430 outside lane, between Shackleford and Kanis roads, will close for installation of overhead sign structures at the I-430/630 interchange, the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department said.
The lane will close from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday, and only the inside, northbound lane will be open during that time, the department said.
The department said drivers should know:
- They will have to transition from three lanes into one while traveling toward the Shackleford Road exit.
- Those exiting from northbound I-430 to Shackleford Road should not face heavy traffic.
- They will have to yield while entering northbound I-430 from Shackleford Road.
- They must exercise caution when exiting from northbound I-430 to eastbound I-630, because they will have to quickly move to the right to exit.
- Traffic will periodically stall for 15 minute periods for drivers traveling on I-430 north.
Cantrell Road lane closure continues in Little Rock
A lane on Cantrell Road, also known as Arkansas 10, will close again Monday through Thursday for bridge deck repairs, department officials said.
A westbound, outside lane will close between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day, officials said. Work on the bridge deck repairs is expected to continue for the next two weeks, excluding Fridays and weekends, the department said.
Lane closures for I-40 repairs in NLR, Carlisle
An Interstate 40 lane in North Little Rock will undergo overnight closures for pavement repairs for almost a week, highway officials said Friday in a news release.
Starting Sunday, the westbound inside lane of I-40 will close between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night through Aug. 23, the release states.
Construction crews will work on I-40 at the Young Road Overpass, which is east of Crystal Hill, at mile marker 149, to repair damage caused March 7 when a tractor-trailer hit it, the department said.
In Carlisle, a lane will close on I-40 for bridge repairs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, officials say.
A westbound lane between mile markers 180 and 183, just west of Carlisle, will close for work on the Arkansas 13 overpass, according to a news release.
Motorists are asked to be alert and cautious while traveling through all construction work zones.