In the spirit of the holiday season, the Central Arkansas Library System is continuing its annual Food For Fines week, a program where library goers can exchange nonperishable food items to erase their overdue library fines.
The program is set to begin Monday, Dec. 16, and continue through Sunday, Dec. 22, according to the library system's news release. One nonperishable food item will count as one dollar and library cardholders can contribute up to 10 food items to cancel up to $10 of fines. Fines accumulated from lost library materials will not be covered by the food donation exchange.
Donations will be given to the Arkansas Rice Depot, an organization established in 1982 with the mission to combat hunger in Arkansas.
Little Rock libraries participating in the Food for Fines week include:
- Main Library located at 100 Rock St.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton Children's Library and Learning Center located at 4800 W. 10th St.
- Dee Brown Library located at 6325 Baseline Road.
- Fletcher Library located at 823 N. Buchanan St.
- McMath Library located at 2100 John Barrow Road.
- Oley E. Rooker Library located at 11 Otter Creek Court.
- Terry Library located at 2015 Napa Valley Drive.
- Thompson Library located at 38 Rahling Circle.
- Williams Library located at 1800 Cester St.