Police say a 39-year-old Jonesboro man was arrested Friday night after his home caught fire and authorities found several items used to make methamphetamine inside, according to a Jonesboro Police Department report.
The fire had occurred shortly after 7 p.m. at a residence located at 215 Maurita St., the report states.
Police said that homeowner Shannon Rose, who was "acting very strange and unstable," told officers that a fire must have sparked when his blanket fell onto a butane lamp while he was sleeping.
When police searched Rose's home, they found items known to be used to manufacture methamphetamine, including empty pseudoephedrine pill packs, "smoking" hydrochloride generators built from plastic bottles with rubber tubing coming from the bottle's cap, several one-pot bottles with "sludge" inside and a glass bowl with folded coffee filters that contained white residue.
They also found an open can of fuel and a butane lamp near each other in the room where the fire purportedly started, the report states.
Police read Rose his Miranda rights, and Rose agreed to speak to officers without an attorney present. Rose said he did make methamphetamine inside of his home and that he had ingested some of the drug that day, according to the report. He said he tried to recook methamphetamine oil that he previously made and that's why the generators were still smoking, but he did not believe that caused the fire.
Police said Rose had several minor burns to his wrist and hands but refused medical attention.
He was taken to Craighead County jail and charged with manufacturing methamphetamine.
A judge set a temporary bond for Rose at $10,000.