Subscribe Register Login

Realtor's body found in shallow grave; Lewis charged with murder

Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 5:57 a.m.
Top Picks - Mobile App

Connecticut lawyer withdraws $100 million lawsuit over massacre

By The Associated Press

This article was published January 1, 2013 at 3:16 p.m.

— A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim — at least for now.

The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He said he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.

Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered “emotional and psychological trauma and injury” during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He said state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state’s liability.

Comments on: Connecticut lawyer withdraws $100 million lawsuit over massacre

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

  • Cna's

    brighton ridge attention Brighton Ridge of Eureka Springs is...
    EUREKA SPRINGS, AR

  • Rate case analyst

    rate case analyst Arkansas Public Service CommissionWe are s...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Glass construction

    glass construction workers. $10-15/hr starting pay DOE. 1 yr...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Medical billing and coding instructors

    - Hiring NOW! Remington College — Little Rock Campus seeks ...
    LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas

  • Commercial construction

    Superintendent wanted, Central Ark. Area, 10yrs exp. with 1...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

Search 919 jobs >

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online