Gov. Mike Beebe on Wednesday announced two judicial appointments and 22 to state boards and commissions.
Amy Brazil of Conway was tapped to replace Judge Rhonda Wood as circuit judge in the 20th Judicial District.
Tim Parker of Eureka Springs, meanwhile, was named as a district judge in Carroll County’s Western District, replacing Judge Marianne McBeth. Both judicial appointments will expire Dec. 31, 2014.
Beebe also made the following appointments to boards and commissions:
- Chris Allen of Little Rock was reappointed to the Delta Cultural Center Policy Advisory Board until Oct. 1, 2015.
- Sondra Bedwell of Texarkana was named to the Arkansas Child Abuse, Rape and Domestic Violence Commission until July 1, 2014. She replaces Mary Hartwig.
- Curt Bradbury of Little Rock was named to the Prescription Drug Monitoring Advisory Committee, a new position serving at the will of the governor.
- Tommy Branch of Little Rock will replace Eric Meyerson on to the Public Transportation Coordination Council. The appointment expires Sept. 20, 2015.
- Charles Crow of Little Rock will replace Tommy Thompson on the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board. His appointment expires Jan. 14, 2016.
- Clay Crump III of Kirby was reappointed to the Marine Sanitation Advisory Committee for a term expiring Oct. 5, 2015.
- Elaine Eubank of Little Rock will replace James “Ed” Doman on the Long Term Care Facility Advisory Board for a term expiring Oct. 15, 2015.
- Mauricio Herrera of Rogers was named to the Northwest Arkansas Community College Board of Trustees for an appointment term to be determined by the drawing of lots. The position is currently open.
- Alfred Hogan Sr. of Turrell was named to replace Leonard Swift on the Criminal Detention Facility Review Committee, Judicial District #2, for a term expiring Jan. 14, 2016.
- Mike Horton of Hensley was named to replace Gary Horton on the Arkansas Orthotics, Prosthetics, and Pedorthics Advisory Board for a term expiring Sept. 1, 2015.
- Donald Houseworth of Blytheville was reappointed to the Blytheville-Gosnell Regional Airport Authority in a term expiring Nov. 1, 2018.
- Joshua Kilgore of Fort Smith was reappointed to the Long Term Care Facility Advisory Board for a term expiring Oct. 15, 2015.
- Scott Landers of Little Rock was named to the Marine Sanitation Advisory Committee, replacing John Roper, for a term expiring Oct. 5, 2014.
- Edgar Mersiovsky of Conway was reappointed to the state Board of Registration for Professional Soil Classifiers until Nov. 1, 2017.
- Colleen Nick of Alma was reappointed to the Crime Victims Reparations Board until Oct. 5, 2016.
- Geovanny Sarmiento of Bentonville was named to the Northwest Arkansas Community College Board of Trustees for a term will be determined by the drawing of lots. The position is currently open.
- Ann Schlumberger of Little Rock was named to replace Thomas Flowers on the state Board of Career Educationin a term expiring June 30, 2016.
- Steven Son of Osceola was named to replace Molly Houseworth-Jackson on the Mississippi River Parkway Commission for a term expriing June 8, 2017.
- Tim Tackett of Dardanelle was named to the Governor's Trauma Advisory Board, replacing John Cone. His term expires July 1, 2016.
- Evan Tanner of Little Rock was named to the Arkansas Scenic Resources Preservation Coordinating Committee, replacing V.A. Voltz. The term expires Oct. 1, 2014.
- Beverly Webb of Little Rock was reappointed to the state Board of Examiners of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors for a term expiring Sept. 14, 2016.
- Taylor Wynn of Berryville was named to the Arkansas Geographic Information Systems Board, replacing John Ed Isbell. The appointment expires Aug. 1, 2016.