LITTLE ROCK An electrical problem is believed to have started a fire that caused about $5,000 worth of damage to an apartment building in Little Rock's Hillcrest neighborhood.
Fire crews were called to 1315 Kavanaugh Blvd. about 7:30 a.m. after light smoke was reported in the building.
Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Mitch Chism said crews found the fire in the attic. An inspector determined it started from some type of electrical short in wiring, Chism said.
The blaze and subsequent effort to extinguish it left a large hole in an upstairs unit that spilled insulation into the residence. No injuries were reported.
Officials on scene said the residents would not be allowed back inside until an electrician inspects the wiring further.
Utilities to the building, which has about eight units, were cut off.
Kavanaugh Boulevard was closed for a time, but it has since reopened.