A house south of Little Rock is considered a loss after a fire Friday that may have started with a cigarette, authorities said.
Firefighters responded shortly before 6:45 a.m. to a fully engulfed house at 11823 Carrington Lane. Flames at one point were visible coming from the roof and through a large hole burned in the back of the single-story structure.
The fire started in a rear bedroom. The resident told investigators she had smoked a cigarette and "was unsure if it was completely extinguished" when she left the house early Friday, according to a Pulaski County sheriff's office report.
There were no preliminary reports of injuries.
The Red Cross was called to assist the resident, who police say did not have insurance on the structure.