The two suspects arrested for the fatal shooting Thursday night at Park Plaza Mall appeared in District Court on Saturday.
Court documents show no bail was set during Edison and Bryant's appearance Saturday. Their cases were passed to circuit court, and their next court appearance is scheduled for May 2.
Edison and Bryant are alleged to have robbed the Sbarro restaurant Feb. 28 in the food court of Park Plaza Mall in Little Rock. Sbarro employees Christian Hayes, 25, and Jashonta Thomas, 18, were shot during the robbery. Hayes died from injuries, and Thomas was said to be in critical condition.
The police report states Thomas, "told detectives that the person who shot them was Deonte Edison." It also states that Thomas was shot "numerous times."
Saturday's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported that Sbarro manager Bryan Williams said Edison was a Sbarro employee, and Bryant, Williams' nephew, worked there until "a week or two ago." The police report states Bryant was fired for stealing.
Bryant had been arrested in an Oct. 10 robbery in Little Rock but was freed on $20,000 bond. The October police report states Bryant admitted to his involvement in the robbery. Bryant faces aggravated robbery, aggravated residential robbery and theft charges from the incident.