A package containing a remote-controlled helicopter caught fire early Wednesday at a U.S. Postal Service distribution center in North Little Rock, prompting an evacuation of the facility that lasted about 45 minutes.
North Little Rock Fire Department Capt. John Pflasterer said crews were called to the city's main distribution facility at 4700 McCain Blvd. about 5:45 a.m. after the package caught fire.
Crews extinguished it and determined the package contained an RC helicopter. Pflasterer said it appeared the batteries were touching, which generated heat and started the fire. Only the one package was damaged, he said.
Four people in the facility complained of "minor symptoms" that Pflasterer said were likely eye irritation or scratchy throats from the smoke. No one was taken to the hospital.
The Fire Department allowed employees back in side shortly after 6:30 a.m.