Subscribe Register Login

Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 5:04 a.m.
Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal

Improperly vented heater blamed for 5 cabin deaths

By The Associated Press

This article was published May 4, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.

— State police are tentatively blaming an improperly vented propane heater as the cause of death for five people who likely succumbed to carbon monoxide fumes while asleep in a small Pennsylvania cabin.

Trooper Angela Bieber at the state police barracks in Montoursville said Sunday morning that Lycoming County Coroner Charles Keissling is expected to confirm the cause of their deaths later in the day.

Authorities have said the two adults and three children had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their blood when they were found Saturday. Bieber says there's no indication they tried to escape and all five apparently died in their sleep.

Bieber says a relative of the cabin's owner hosted a get-together Friday night and slept in his truck outside the cabin. He discovered the bodies Saturday.

Comments on: Improperly vented heater blamed for 5 cabin deaths

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

  • Part-time opportunity

    The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is looking for a self motivat...
    Pine Bluff, AR

  • Direct care positi

    timber ridgeons Benton, ARProvide support to individuals, in...
    BENTON, AR

  • Lpns & cnas

    LPN Full Time M-F CNAsPreferred LTC experienceApply in perso...
    LONOKE, AR

  • Lpn, do, md & lab te

    RN, chFax resume 501-771-4885 or mail to: PO Box 95010 NLR A...
    NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Market coordinator rn required

    market coordinator Candidates must be an RN A great opportun...
    LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas

Search 858 jobs >

Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal
Arkansas Online