Officials: North Little Rock police shoot man after vehicle, foot chase

Thursday, March 23, 2017, 1:38 p.m.

Top Picks - Capture Arkansas

$500 worth of Bibles stolen from Christian store, police say

By The Associated Press

This article was published May 4, 2016 at 3:28 p.m.

WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — Police say two men were caught flouting the Eighth Commandment when surveillance video captured them stealing nearly $500 worth of Bibles from a Christian store in Massachusetts.

The Republican newspaper reported Wednesday that images shared by police show the men lifting eight Bibles from the Morning Star Christian Store in West Springfield on April 23.

Police have not identified the men and ask that anyone who recognizes them from the images to contact police.

Comments on: $500 worth of Bibles stolen from Christian store, police say

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 total comments

BOLTAR says... May 4, 2016 at 3:46 p.m.

I wonder what the street value is?

( | suggest removal )

JakeTidmore says... May 4, 2016 at 4:21 p.m.

A Good News bible is walking down the street and bumps into his old friend, the King James bible. "How art thou?" the King James bible asks. "Huh?" the Good News bible says. "Speak English, man."
Am reminded that the Bible can be a good source of pickup lines for uber-Christians seeking the company of the opposite sex. Here are some possibilities:
For you I would slay two Goliaths.
You float my ark.
Is it hot in here or is that just the Holy Spirit burning inside of you?
So last night I was reading in the book of Numbers, and I realized... I don't have yours!
Is this the transfiguration? Because you are glowing.
I used to believe in natural theology, but since I met you I've converted to divine revelation.
Bathsheba had nothing on you.
I believe one of my ribs belongs to you.
I didn't know angels flew this low.
----
Maybe a little humor will help on the date:
What did Noah worry about the most while he was on the ark?
The termites!

( | suggest removal )

outinthesticks says... May 4, 2016 at 5:07 p.m.

Anything to score some drug money, most likely.

( | suggest removal )

mrcharles says... May 5, 2016 at 2:39 p.m.

It does contain a lot of violence, , incest, sex and other adult themes, maybe they just needed some good adult stimulating reading . Could be they were alcoholics and wanted the secret of turning water to wine.

Or maybe their science fiction collection got lost and they wanted to read some wild stuff, like Elijah and his UFO or those flying Cherubs.

Uncle Joe thinks they were getting ready to have a big BBQ and wanted proper ways to have pleasin odors to the Lord, and they needed to read Leviticus to do things right.

I think they were going to pass them out at the RNC convention, G-d knows those people need to read some of the stuff in there.

( | suggest removal )

Slak says... May 5, 2016 at 3:50 p.m.

I hate to say this but those are pretty damn good, Jake.

( | suggest removal )

• page
  • 1
Click here to make a comment

SHOPPING