Summer meal programs for children
Free for children up to age 18, and meals for purchase for adults accompanying children. Most programs offer meals Monday through Friday, except for this Monday for Memorial Day and on July 4.
• June 6-July 29 at Mary Mae Jones Elementary, 500 SE 14th St. Breakfast served starting at 7:30 a.m. Lunch begins at 10:30 a.m.
• June 13-July 29. Asbell Elementary School, 1500 N. Sang Ave. Lunch at 10:45 a.m. Snack at 1 p.m.
May 31-Aug. 5
• Annex Building, 2922 S. First St. Breakfast at 7 a.m. Lunch at 11 a.m.
• Heritage High School, 1114 S. Fifth St. Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Lunch at 11 a.m.
• Mathias Elementary School, 1609 N. 24th St. Lunch at 11 a.m.
• Southwind Place Apartments, mail pavilion at 2200 N. 12th St. Lunch at 11 a.m.
• DoubleTree Apartments, mail pavilion at 601 W. Easy St. Lunch at 11:15 a.m.
• Center for Nonprofits, dining room at 1200 W. Walnut St. Lunch at 11:30 a.m.
May 31-Aug. 5. Lunch at 11:30 a.m.
• Bayyari Elementary School, 2199 Scottsdale St.
• George Junior High School, 3200 S. Powell St.
• Jones Elementary School, 900 S. Powell St.
• Parson Hills Elementary School, 2326 Cardinal Drive
• Westwood Elementary School, 1850 McRay Ave.
• Continues May 31-July 29 at West Fork Elementary School Cafetorium, 359 School Ave. Breakfast at 8 a.m. Lunch at 11:30 a.m.
For more information
Check with your school district or online at www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks, but call ahead as the list of sites continues to be updated.
Source: School districts, Arkansas Department of Human Services
Food partners benefiting from One Million Meals campaign
Benton County: Helping Hands, Bentonville; Oasis Food Bank at Village Bible Evangelical Free Church, Bella Vista; First Baptist Church of Lowell Food Pantry, Lowell; Samaritan Community Center in Rogers; The Genesis House in Siloam Springs and Gentry; Bright Futures of Pea Ridge in Pea Ridge; and Gravette Gardens in Gravette
Madison County: Open Arms Food Pantry and Madison County Senior Activity & Wellness Center Meals on Wheels in Huntsville
Sebastian County: Community Services Clearing House, River Valley Regional Food Bank and River Valley Food for Kids in Fort Smith
Washington County: The Ambassador Club, Farmington; M&N Augustine Foundation, Salvation Army in Fayetteville; The Grace Place in Lincoln; Prairie Grove Elementary School Backpack Program; House of Hope Rescue Mission and Tyson and Jones elementary schools in Springdale; and West Fork Elementary School Backpack Program
McDonald County, Mo.: Crosslines of McDonald County
Also, Northwest Arkansas Food Bank
Source: Arvest Bank