Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 1:30 p.m.

Top Picks - Capture Arkansas

Arkansas nursing homes high in medication errors

Watchdogs report 261 ‘significant’ medication mistakes from 2013-17

By Hunter Field

This article was originally published December 3, 2017 at 4:30 a.m. Updated December 4, 2017 at 4:30 a.m.

graph-showing-information-about-medication-errors-in-arkansas-nursing-homes

Graph showing information about Medication errors in Arkansas nursing homes

GASSVILLE -- Linda Cooper spent her final days in a north Arkansas nursing home working crossword puzzles -- always in ink.

This story is only available from the Arkansas Online archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.

Print Headline: State's rest homes high in Rx errors

Comments on: Arkansas nursing homes high in medication errors

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 total comments

Jfish says... December 3, 2017 at 7:50 a.m.

Wow 20.4% is absurd, I am surprised the lawsuits have not bankrupted some of them. I had a college professor who always said he would tolerate ignorance with incoming freshmen but not apathy. This sounds like a case of a lot of apathy to me on the part of the workers and owners.

( | suggest removal )

ZeebronZ says... December 3, 2017 at 10:23 a.m.

This is unacceptable. Proper training and supervision could stop this, buy I guess that's too expensive, or maybe they just don't care. Neither is an adequate excuse or reason. This has to stop!

( | suggest removal )

Toenails says... December 3, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.

My son was approached at the farmers market by a young man gathering signatures to put this measure on the ballot. The person with the petition told my son that this was a proposal to keep rich attorneys from overcharging poor people. My son was bright enough to realize that this proposal would keep many lawyers from handling these cases and would adversely impact the quality of representation (and therefore the justice) that poor people could receive. I believe many misguided folks likely signed these petitions not realizing they were making it easier to kill poor people with no consequences.

( | suggest removal )

gagewatcher says... December 3, 2017 at 10:11 p.m.

Ms Cooper was murdered by the Gassville Nursing Home I had the misfortune of having to stay in a nursing home in Arkansas for over a week and I will slit my throat before ever going into one again. I have never seen such a filthy place. and when i complained that my room had never been cleaned since I had been there. Human excrement was smeared by the side of my bed so i would step in it when I got up. Before breakfast each morning i rang for an aid to help me wash my face and hands before i ate. and I was told "No" they were too busy passing out trays. I was allowed one shower a week and no sponge bath in between. they turned off the hot water heater to save money. I made the mistake once of asking the night nurse what medicines she was giving me before bed time he chewed me out and stomped out of my room saying that the meds are all programmed into her cart. in other words she didn't know what was in that little white cup. I knew what I was suppose to be taking. but was unfamiliar. with their brand of medicine. i should have called the police. wish I had.If you have a loved one in a n Arkansas Nursing Home. Get them out !

( | suggest removal )

• page
  • 1
Click here to make a comment

SHOPPING