• DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH: March 29, 1945, Wooster, Ohio
• FAMILY: husband John Holtam, two sons and two grandsons
• MY NICKNAME: I don't have one ... not that I know of.
• MY FAVORITE VALENTINE IS my husband. He's my best friend.
• MY FAVORITE PLACE TO BE IS wherever he is. We love to water ski on Lake Ouachita.
• TO PREVENT FATIGUE I exercise. Walk. We probably do Two Rivers Park the most because it's the closest to the house. We always see deer when we go there, and I love that.
• CHOCOLATE IS wonderful. It's a necessity of life. Besides that, it has flavonoids in it and, in little degrees, it's good for you.
• MY CLOSET IS FULL OF red. Red for women and heart disease. I wear it all the time.
• I COLLECT hearts and unicorns (with mended horns because boys play ball in the house).
• ACCORDING TO MY HIGH SCHOOL APTITUDE TESTS I should be a forest ranger.
• IF I HADN'T BECOME A NURSE I WOULD: I would never, ever have not. I love it.
• THE THING THAT MAKES ME SADDEST IS when I see people trashing this state, throwing litter and cutting down trees that could be saved. I really love the nature and the beauty of Arkansas, and I hope people appreciate what they have.
• ONE WORD TO SUM ME UP: tenacious
Endowment gifts solicited
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Nursing is looking for donors to endow a chair in women's cardiovascular health. Donate $500,000, and you get to name it.
The fund, posted on the UAMS website Jan. 30, has raised more than $100,000. But a chair takes $1 million. To endow a professorship takes $500,000.
More information is at giving.uams.edu or call the development office at (501) 526-8950.