Subscribe Register Login
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 10:12 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Picks - Mobile App

2 Little Rock teens plead not guilty in shooting, robbery of 58-year-old

By Rachel Herzog

This article was published October 16, 2017 at 1:24 p.m.

from-left-jakeim-grant-and-jaheim-macon

From left, Ja'keim Grant and Jaheim Macon


Search mug shots, government salaries, crime maps and more at our Right2Know page.


Two Little Rock teens accused of shooting a 58-year-old man twice during a robbery over the weekend pleaded not guilty Monday.

Ja'keim Grant and Jaheim Macon, both 15, appeared for an 8 a.m. arraignment hearing via video. They face felony charges of first-degree battery and aggravated robbery.

Shortly before 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to a disturbance on Wilson Street, where a man said he had seen two black males standing behind his neighbor, 58-year-old Kevin Wilson, according to a report from the Little Rock Police Department. One was holding a "glock-like gun" to the back of Wilson's head, the witness said.

Officers found Wilson on his couch inside his home with gunshot wounds in the front of his abdomen and the middle of his back, the report said.

Wilson told officers that he was walking home from buying a box of cigarettes when the teens approached him from behind, threatening to shoot him in the head unless he gave them money. Wilson reportedly told them he didn't have any money.

The teens followed him into his house and shot him twice, Wilson told police.

The neighbor said he later saw the suspects, who were later identified as Grant and Macon, fleeing west on West 10th Street.

Wilson was transported to UAMS Medical Center, where his injuries were deemed serious but not life-threatening, Arkansas Online previously reported.

Each of the teen's bail was set at $25,000 Monday morning. They are both charged as adults, according to prosecutor Michael Wright.

As of Monday afternoon, both remained at the Pulaski County jail. Their next court appearance is set for Dec. 15.

ADVERTISEMENT

Comments on: 2 Little Rock teens plead not guilty in shooting, robbery of 58-year-old

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 total comments

rubythecat96gmailcom says... October 16, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.

two stupid kids ruining their lives. hope Mr wilson pulls through okay.

( | suggest removal )

hurricane46 says... October 16, 2017 at 4:59 p.m.

Ja'keim looks like he could care less, lock him up with Bubba.

( | suggest removal )

punk47 says... October 16, 2017 at 5:58 p.m.

Skum bags

( | suggest removal )

  • page
  • 1
Click here to make a comment

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

ADVERTISEMENT

SHOPPING

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online