Subscribe Register Login
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 4:32 a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Picks - Capture Arkansas

Arkansas inmates separated after refusing to return to cells

By The Associated Press

This article was published October 21, 2017 at 12:05 p.m.



MALVERN, Ark. — An Arkansas Department of Correction official says a situation in which a group of inmates refused to return to their cells was resolved with no injuries.

Department spokesman Solomon Graves told KATV the inmates at the Ouachita River Unit in Malvern refused orders to return to their cells Friday night.

Graves said additional officers arrived and the inmates were taken to a separate housing area. He says there were no injuries to staff or inmates.

The situation comes after three guards were attacked by inmates at two separate facilities on the same day last month. In August, inmates held three guards hostage at the Maximum Security Unit in Tucker after taking keys and a Taser, and in July a guard at Tucker fired warning shots into the air after two guards and an inmate were attacked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Comments on: Arkansas inmates separated after refusing to return to cells

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

ADVERTISEMENT

SHOPPING

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Picks - Capture Arkansas
Arkansas Online