Former Arkansas State University defensive end Ja’Von Rolland-Jones received an invitation to participate in the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine, the university said Tuesday.
The NFL Combine will be March 2-5 in Indianapolis, and the two-time Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year will be the first ASU player to attend since defensive lineman Ryan Carrethers in 2014, who was later picked by the San Diego Chargers in the fifth round of the NFL Draft.
Rolland-Jones completed his college career as both the school and Sun Belt’s all-time leader in career sacks with 43 1/2, which set him as the second all-time leader in NCAA FBS history — only a half-sack shy of Terrell Suggs’ 44 career sacks from 2000-2002 at Arizona State.
“I am obviously very excited and honored to receive an invitation to participate in the NFL combine alongside many great players in college football," Rolland-Jones said in a released statement. “I’m looking forward to a great experience and the opportunity to perform on such a fantastic stage while representing Arkansas State.”
The Mesquite, Texas, native was a four-time All-Sun Belt Conference selection who played in the 2018 East-West Shrine Game earlier this month. He completed his career with 64.5 tackles for loss, the eighth most in NCAA FBS history, and helped lead the Red Wolves to four consecutive bowl games and back to back Sun Belt Conference championships in 2015 and 2016.
Since the 2000 season, Rolland-Jones will be the 14th ASU player to participate in the combine. The others include: Demario Davis (2012), Kelcie McCray (2012), Derek Newton (2011), Alex Carrington (2010), David Johnson (2009), Tyrell Johnson (2008), Jon Bradley (2004), Corey Williams (2004), Garry Johnson (2003), Jonathan Adams (2002), Robert Kilow (2001) and Cleo Lemon (2001).
The combine will be televised by the NFL Network, and, according to NFL.com, the defensive linemen and linebackers portion of the combine will be covered March 4.