Monday, July 23, 2018, 4:47 a.m.

Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal

OPINION

PHILIP MARTIN: The uniform never made the man

By Philip Martin

This article was published June 19, 2018 at 4:30 a.m.

I was once in an elevator with LeBron James.

This story is only available from the Arkansas Online archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.

Print Headline: The uniform never made the man

Comments on: PHILIP MARTIN: The uniform never made the man

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 total comments

hah406 says... June 19, 2018 at 9:56 a.m.

Phillip, you made me think of a song lyric with that last line. "I just hope you understand, sometimes the clothes do not make the man." George Michael; Freedom '90.

( | suggest removal )

MaxCady says... June 19, 2018 at 10:36 a.m.

Lauren Hutton asked me for a light in the middle of downtown Little Rock on the night of Slick Willie's first election win.

( | suggest removal )

bork says... June 19, 2018 at 10:49 a.m.

Too bad you don't smoke, eh?

( | suggest removal )

doggod says... June 19, 2018 at 10:54 a.m.

Travis...you mean President Clinton? Or are you some 3rd grader who thinks he is clever with the name-calling?

( | suggest removal )

MaxCady says... June 19, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.

Oh, I was smoking!! @doggod, I didn't just make up that name recently. Heh, if the name fits.

( | suggest removal )

Packman says... June 19, 2018 at 2:44 p.m.

I have a pair of boots signed by Tony Llama.

( | suggest removal )

WhododueDiligence says... June 19, 2018 at 8:43 p.m.

That's nice, Packman. I was raised on a farm and over the years had several pairs of boots with so much horsesh*t and cowsh*t and chickensh*t and other sh*t on them that they eventually turned completely to sh*t and I was forced to throw them away. I sure wish I would have saved my 1950s Hank Aaron and Micky Mantle and Sandy Koufax and Willie Mays baseball cards though, and they weren't even signed.

( | suggest removal )

• page
  • 1
Click here to make a comment

SHOPPING