Subscribe Register Login
Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 2:25 a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal

White-rights activist plans rally in capital

National Park Service grants initial OK

By Matthew Haag The New York Times

This article was published June 22, 2018 at 4:30 a.m.

jason-kessler-pushes-through-a-crowd-of-protesters-at-the-charlottesville-va-courthouse-for-a-hearing-in-february-kesslers-application-for-a-permit-to-hold-a-white-civil-rights-rally-near-the-white-house-has-been-preliminarily-approved-by-the-national-park-service

Jason Kessler pushes through a crowd of protesters at the Charlottesville, Va., courthouse for a hearing in February. Kessler’s application for a permit to hold a “white civil rights” rally near the White House has been preliminarily approved by the National Park Service.

An organizer of a white supremacist rally last year in Charlottesville, Va., where one woman died plans to hold a march across the street from the White House on the rally's anniversary in August, federal officials said Thursday.

This story is only available from the Arkansas Online archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.

Print Headline: White-rights activist plans rally in capital

ADVERTISEMENT

Comments on: White-rights activist plans rally in capital

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 13 total comments

Jump to last page >>

ARMNAR says... June 22, 2018 at 9:03 a.m.

I wonder if GeneralMac and HM2 will carpool?

( | suggest removal )

mrcharles says... June 22, 2018 at 10:06 a.m.

Ironically they will travel together on an a$$ !

At least the highways in arkansas will less crowded during this exercise in free speech. In fact some counties may be almost vacant.

( | suggest removal )

GeneralMac says... June 22, 2018 at 10:49 a.m.

The hate group Black Lives Matter must be offended that they no longer have sole rights to
racial protest marches.

They should realize Barack HUSSEIN Obama, the race baiter, no longer is president.

( | suggest removal )

RBear says... June 22, 2018 at 11:18 a.m.

I'm guessing fake is booking his tickets to DC now. So glad I'll be long gone from DC before this gathering of idiots happens. I agree, mrcharles. Especially around white Harrison.

( | suggest removal )

3WorldState1 says... June 22, 2018 at 11:45 a.m.

Wonder if they support Trump? And why?

( | suggest removal )

Illinoisroy says... June 22, 2018 at 11:55 a.m.

GMac, race baiter? sounds like the pot calling the kettle black! Gotta love the irony of the last word in previous sentence. Remember the big scary black man isn't in office anymore, let it go. As for the other haters it is their 1st amendment right, unlike Supreme courts decision that corporations are people too and money is free speech.

( | suggest removal )

3WorldState1 says... June 22, 2018 at 12:07 p.m.

No one said it wasn't their right. And the ACLU has been fighting for their right to walk. But they also shouldn't show up armed. And at the end of the day they are still hateful biggets and racists. This country has no place for them.
Maybe Trump will meet the rally and do a couple of cheers with them. A real President would speak to the nation after this "rally" and say there is no place in the US for this kind of hate. Soon we will have a real President again.

( | suggest removal )

GeneralMac says... June 22, 2018 at 12:56 p.m.

Only if the president says the same after the hate group Black Lives Matter has a march.

Treat BOTH groups equal and there is no problem.

( | suggest removal )

GeneralMac says... June 22, 2018 at 1:05 p.m.

When a Democrat County Attorney in Minnesota releases EVIDENCE to show why a police officer will not be charged in the shooting of a Black, there should not be threat of retaliation.

Yet, a Black female lawyer from Black Lives Matter told the County Attorney........" If the city burns, it's on YOU "

If a member of a White group had made that threat when a ruling didn't agree with them, there would be condemnation all the way to the White House.

Despite this making NATIONAL news, Barack HUSSEIN Obama remained silent.
Yet, he stuck his nose into every other case involving Blacks that drew controversy.

( | suggest removal )

LRDawg says... June 22, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.

GenMac's just mad because he can't attend....his president messed his money up. Gas prices are too high for him to make the drive

( | suggest removal )

Click here to make a comment

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

ADVERTISEMENT

SHOPPING

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal
Arkansas Online