Friday, June 22, 2018, 2:17 a.m.

Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal

Arkansas Sportsman

Big spenders rule the duck hunting world

By Bryan Hendricks

This article was published May 20, 2018 at 2:27 a.m.

"Economic impact" creates unequal partners among duck hunters in managing state-owned wildlife management areas.

This story is only available from the Arkansas Online archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.

Print Headline: Big spenders rule the duck hunting world

Comments on: Big spenders rule the duck hunting world

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 total comments

WillBeararms says... May 22, 2018 at 2:05 p.m.

Let me be clear: I am not in favor of any more onerous rules, regulations or laws. That said, every AGFC Commissioner should be required to endure one duck season where every morning a rude person using a mud motor with loud pipes comes in on them around 6:30 AM and then leaves around 8:45 AM, just as the ducks have settled down again, for an hour and a half joy ride in the area with those loud pipes.

The cherry on the Sundae would be for that same rude person or persons to set up right on top of the Commissioners and sky bust every group of ducks the AGFC Commissioners try to work. Again, the Commissoners should be subjected to this for an entire season———-like average hunters who hunt public land are constantly.

( | suggest removal )

Delta123 says... May 22, 2018 at 2:45 p.m.

If the only place I could duck hunt in Arkansas was on public ground I would 100% quit duck hunting. The last time I did it was on Black Swamp many years ago and I swore then that I would never do it again. And that was before all of this mud motor BS, so I can only imagine what it's like now. No thanks.

( | suggest removal )

WillBeararms says... May 22, 2018 at 10:19 p.m.

I still like the game. Half the fun for me is outsmarting the idiots who hunt to use their gear.

( | suggest removal )

tahmo54 says... May 23, 2018 at 5:51 p.m.

Just because someone has all the latest gear does not mean that they hunt to use their gear. That’s a huge leap and a false assumption.

( | suggest removal )

• page
  • 1
Click here to make a comment

SHOPPING