Subscribe Register Login

Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 6:03 p.m.
Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal

Public profile for Ret73

Comment history

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

13 flu deaths in state this season, health officials say January 16, 2013 at 12:44 p.m.

It would be interesting to know where in Arkansas these deaths have occurred. Identifying the city, and hospital wouldn't violate anyone's privacy, which was give as a reason for not identifying them. "Spokesman Ed Barham says the two deaths bring the state's confirmed total to seven so far. Barham wouldn't release the ages, identities or locations of the victims, citing privacy concerns."

( | suggest removal )

Court rejects casino measure for November ballot October 4, 2012 at 10:16 a.m.

Wait a minute, it would stop electronic gambling in Hot Springs, and West Memphis. They have advertised those slot machine looking things as "electronic games of skill", and I was believing them. I just had a problem figuring out how skill was involved. I suppose that was just a typo.

( | suggest removal )

Man, ex-wife dead in murder, suicide January 23, 2012 at 8:20 a.m.

It's a sad situation, but I am confused. An autopsy is an examination to determine the cause and manner of death. Does someone think they might have drowned? Is there anything else that might be revealed by an autopsy?

( | suggest removal )

NLR voters reject tax increases November 9, 2011 at 7:48 a.m.

It's sad that fewer than 10% of the population decides the fate of the other 90% that don't or can't vote for what ever reason. Of course that was the whole reason for having a special election. The people that are to get a piece of the pie are more apt to vote for the 100% increase in city taxes, and the others don't bother to vote because it's only a penny. I think they should have a special election to abolish special elections because of the expense.

( | suggest removal )

NLR looks at following LR’s tax-vote lead September 16, 2011 at 10:21 a.m.

Little Rock got a 200% city tax increase, partly by saying it was only a penny, and saying it was a 1 percentage point increase, but pray tell me Jake what the heck does two 1 of one half percent add up to. Is it 100% of the original city tax? It would seem that the CPI-U ( Consumer Price Index- Urban) (how much stuff costs) went up 25.77% in the last 10 years so the taxes collected would go up proportionally. Looks like the solution would be, do like the the tax payers are doing in these hard times, economize.

( | suggest removal )

Plan for sales tax going to directors June 6, 2011 at 7:34 a.m.

Interesting how the increase is phrased every time a tax raise is requested. The tax is now .5¢ and they want to raise it to 1.5¢ which is triple what it is. Sounds like they want a 200% tax increase to me. Don't want to scare the people. That is exactly what they want to do. I have always thought that as the price of products, and now many services that are taxed go up that the state would get more tax money for their share of the increase.
Of course a special ellections aren't free, but they stand a better chance of getting the tax increase passed if fewer people vote, and more people will stay at home figuring "It's only a penny.

( | suggest removal )

UPDATE: Senate passes diesel fuel tax bill March 24, 2011 at 6:27 p.m.

As it stands now Arkansas taxes on diesel fuel is more than any adjoining state, so the over the road truckers avoid buying fuel in our state, unless dictated by law. Here is an idea: Lower the tax on diesel below the adjoining states and sell more fuel. Of course the in-state truckers that will pass the expense of higher taxes to whom ever.

( | suggest removal )

TOP JOBS

  • Track hoe operators

    James Construction Group Accepting applications for the foll...
    Jacksonville, AR

  • Driver trainees

    truck drivertrainees needed!Learn to drive forStevens Transp...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Sanitation workers

    earn egg-cellent pay Along with an excellent compensation pa...
    SILOAM SPRINGS, AR

  • Full-time field sales rep

    company expansion The Arkansas Democrat Gazette Circulation ...
    Little Rock, AR

  • Maintenance tech

    maintenance techniciancentral Arkansas Library System. Facil...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

Search 913 jobs >

Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal
Arkansas Online