Today's Paper Latest stories 🏈ASU live Obits Traffic Wally Hall Newsletters Weather Puzzles + games
story.lead_photo.caption NWA Media/JASON IVESTER -- Arkansas running back Knile Davis breaks free down the Texas A&M sideline en route to a 64-yard touchdown reception on Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, at Kyle Field in College Station, Texas. - Photo by Jason Ivester

Arkansas running back Knile Davis has decided to forego his senior season and declare for the 2013 NFL Draft.

This story is only available from the Arkansas Online archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.

Sports, Pages 19 on 12/13/2012

Print Headline: UA’s Davis to skip senior year

Comments

• Jackabbott
    December 13, 2012 at 7:44 a.m.

Well good luck to him. I guess this is a financial decision because he really needed another good year to attract a higher draft status. Injuries have hurt him and poor coaching and a lack of discipline last year pretty much relegated him to back up status.

• NoUserName
    December 13, 2012 at 8:09 a.m.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if he's drafted.

• HawgFan
    December 13, 2012 at 9:07 a.m.

Too bad for him. I think he could have put up big numbers under Bielema's system and style of play. Although, I do think he will be drafted, but in the later rounds.

• Garycmillerlawgmailcom
    December 13, 2012 at 9:08 a.m.

Looks like a longshot, but best wishes. Who could these other juniors be??

• Wowy
    December 13, 2012 at 9:15 a.m.

Williams beat him out, go and take a chance on scoring some dough...

• GAITOR
    December 13, 2012 at 9:31 a.m.

Good luck and may God Bless.

• HawgFan
    December 13, 2012 at 9:32 a.m.

I like the picture though. Check out the Razorback ball boy taking off down the sidelines as Davis goes by!

• NoUserName
    December 13, 2012 at 10:39 a.m.

If he wows at the combine, that will help a lot. But with, I think, 2 knee blowouts & a mediocre year after one of them, unless he has a huge combine and/or individual workout, he'll be an undrafted FA. He'll get his chance, though, but where will hinge on the combine or workouts.

• marilyngv
    December 13, 2012 at 10:40 a.m.

Knile was a fantastic ambassador of the entire program. Stand up and applaud him, what he has done and how he has represented the school. #7 always has a place on the Hill

• Goad
    December 13, 2012 at 11:47 a.m.

Knile will do great. He has endured all types of injuries and B. Petrino fall out. I wish him great success and only wish he would have been able to excell this year. Pretty hard with the cards that he was dealing with. He deserves a great career in the NFL and I feel sure he will have it. God bless and I wish him great success.