Today's Paper Latest stories Obits Brummett online Wally Hall Newsletters In the news Weather Puzzles/games Idea Alley Cajun food fundraiser
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

— The Arkansas Supreme Court says a man convicted in the 2009 shooting deaths of five people deserves a new trial.

Samuel Lee Conway had been convicted of five counts of capital murder, plus other charges, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. But the high court Thursday reversed his convictions and sentences, and ordered a new trial.

Conway argued that he deserved a new trial because a judge didn’t get rid of a juror who said he couldn’t be fair to Conway.

The high court sided with Conway, saying that the judge abused his discretion in failing to dismiss that juror.

The justices also said Conway didn’t have a fair and impartial trial last year.

Sponsor Content

Comments

You must be signed in to post comments
  • BP1981
    November 8, 2012 at 7:02 p.m.

    This is an outrage! How fairly did Conway treat his victims? Our system is broken. Now the surviving family members will once again have to relive the horror. Disgusting. The Supreme Court is wrong and so is Homer Wright. Why did he proceed with the juror on board? This whole thing reeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT