Today's Paper Latest stories Obits Newsletters Weather Puzzles/games

— Authorities are looking for two men who carjacked a driver at gunpoint at a busy Little Rock intersection early Thursday morning.

According to a Little Rock Police Department report, the incident started about 6 a.m. when the two men got in the victim's 2010 Nissan Frontier Pro Four pickup on 65th Street at Interstate 30. The assailants reportedly displayed a handgun and forced the man to drive to a trailer park on Scott Hamilton Drive.

There, the robbers took some of the man's belongings before forcing him from the pickup and taking off in it. The man's handgun was inside the vehicle.

The victim, who was not injured, walked to a nearby gas station and called police.

The robbers are described as black men in their early to mid-30s. One was said to be about 5-foot-9 and 150 pounds with a black coat, black pants and a black baseball cap on. The other was described only as wearing a brown leather coat and wearing black knee-high boots.

No arrests have been made.

More headlines

Comments

• DEMOCRATREPUBLICAN
    January 24, 2013 at 10:39 a.m.

And the government wants to take our guns.

• CordisK
    January 24, 2013 at 11 a.m.

The government doesn't want to take your guns. Stop spreading misinformation.

• DontDrinkDatKoolAid
    January 24, 2013 at 11:20 a.m.

The government wants to take our guns.

• Moonglowalso
    January 24, 2013 at 11:38 a.m.

Lock your car doors, folks--

• GiveUsLiberty
    January 24, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

Yes. The Government wants to take our guns. Read the proposed legislation.

• jetjohn
    January 24, 2013 at 12:12 p.m.

Seems to me that the cops are scared of these thugs. No arrests made. I doubt there will be.

• HOTDEMN
    January 24, 2013 at 12:30 p.m.

well, this guy had a gun and the thieves got the truck anyway. plus they now have another gun. see a pattern here ?????

• FreeSpiritMan
    January 24, 2013 at 12:31 p.m.

One more legal gun now on the streets, what good did it do the driver to have it?
    And, dummies, the black helicopters are not warming up right now to come take your guns. All of you Paul Revere-Rambo types need to take a cold shower.

• PaulRevere
    January 24, 2013 at 1:10 p.m.

To those who keep saying the government doesn't want to take your guns.... I call BS. I am not a hunter. There are many different proposals, and now at least one bill with the stated purpose of taking away guns. Their latest idea for doing so is to make gun manufacturers liable civilally for damages caused when one of their guns is involved. Like allowing people to sue Ford if someone driving their product crashes into you. Ther hope is to drive manufacturers out of business. Evil is alive and well in our country, and most of them seem now to be democrats.

• SUPERDUTY
    January 24, 2013 at 1:57 p.m.

You cannot get complacent. I lock my doors even when I am filling my truck up, anytime I leave my truck unattended. When you are out and about you have to be aware of your surroundings. Check your mirrors and look ahead and behind you at all times. It is sad that this country has gotten this way. I have an opinion why, but I will not state it here.