Today's Paper Latest Coronavirus The Article iPad Core Values Weather Newsletters Obits Puzzles Archive Story ideas
ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas officials again suspend Medicaid cancellations

by The Associated Press | August 28, 2015 at 10:12 a.m. | Updated August 28, 2015 at 12:54 p.m.
Gov. Asa Hutchinson's response to Friday's announcement:

"The state of Arkansas will follow the most recent federal regulatory directive concerning the redetermination of enrollees on Medicaid. It is my hope that no more changes in guidance will come from Washington in the near future."

LITTLE ROCK — Arkansas officials are again suspending a push to terminate coverage for thousands on Medicaid after the federal government told the state to give beneficiaries more time to prove they're eligible for the program.

The Department of Human Services said Friday the federal government has told the state to give beneficiaries 30 days to prove they qualify for coverage, rather than the 10 days the state had been using. A DHS spokesman said the state was suspending notices it was sending to beneficiaries and did not know when the cancellations would resume.

Thousands — most of whom are on the state's compromise Medicaid expansion — have been kicked off the program after not responding within 10 days to notices asking them to prove their income still qualifies for coverage.

Read Saturday's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette for full details.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sponsor Content

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT