Today's Paper Latest Coronavirus The Article iPad Core Values Weather Newsletters Obits Puzzles Archive Story ideas

Police called after dispute between Little Rock TV reporters outside Naramore trial

by Arkansas Online | August 17, 2016 at 11:42 a.m.

Police responded to Garland County Circuit Court on Tuesday afternoon after a dispute between two Little Rock television reporters about tweeting during the Wade Naramore trial, authorities said.

A Hot Springs Police Department report shows KATV reporter Marine Glisovic requested it be filed after an altercation outside the courtroom with KARK reporter Drew Petrimoulx.

The report says police were called "in reference to a disturbance" at the courthouse where the trial is being held.

Naramore, a Garland County circuit court judge, is charged with negligent homicide in the death of his 17-month-old son, who died last year after being left in a hot car.

[UPDATES: Click here for all updates from the third day of Wade Naramore's trial.]

According to the report, Glisovic said Petrimoulx confronted her as she left court "and started harassing her about a news tweet."

"Glisovic said Petrimoulx got loud in her face which began an argument between the two of them," the report said, adding Petrimoulx "continued to harass" her as she walked down the stairs of the courthouse.

Police also spoke with Petrimoulx, who told officers he was calm when he told Glisovic it wasn't fair for her to post updates "since the judge had told them no cellphones" in the courtroom, the report said.

"Petrimoulx said that is when Glisovic started getting loud and arguing," the report said. "Petrimoulx stated that they did get into a little bit of an argument."

The report lists an offense of disorderly conduct, but it does not indicate if anyone would be charged. Cpl. Kirk Zaner, a spokesman for the Hot Springs agency, said investigators would review the report, but it's not clear if any additional action will be taken.

KARK News Director Austin Kellerman and KATV News Director Nick Genty each said in emails that management at the stations had spoken and resolved the situation.

"We'll continue to cover the trial in a professional manner moving forward," Kellerman wrote.

Glisovic and Petrimoulx were each back at the courthouse covering the trial's third day Wednesday.


Sponsor Content