Today's Paper Latest stories Most commented Paper Trails Traffic Weather Obits Newsletters Puzzles + Games

Arkadelphia won its first state championship in 30 years with a 28-27 victory over Warren on Saturday in the Class 4A state championship game at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.

Cannon Turner gave Arkadelphia a 28-27 lead with a 81-yard touchdown pass to Alec Lewis with 3:19 remaining.

Dillon Scott intercepted Warren quarterback J'malachi Kinnard in the end zone with four seconds left to preserve the Badgers' victory.

Arkadelphia also won state titles in 1979 and 1987.

Treylon Burks caught touchdown passes of 53 and 91 yards from Kinnard in the third quarter to give the Lumberjacks a 27-21 lead. He also had scoring runs of 25 and 2 yards in the first half.

Arkadelphia led 21-13 at halftime thanks to three rushing touchdowns from Turner, Zion Hatley and Josh Burnham.

New Arkansas football coach Chad Morris and assistant coach Barry Lunney, Jr., were in attendance at Saturday's state championship game. Morris was hired by the Razorbacks on Wednesday, replacing Bret Bielema.

Comments

• Alon1951
    December 9, 2017 at 4:26 p.m.

I just started 6 weeks ago and I've gotten 2 check for a total of $2,200...this is the best decision I made in a long time! "Thank you for giving me this extraordinary opportunity to make extra money from home. This extra cash has changed my life in so many ways, thank you! This is What I Do….….….….….….. w­w­w.T­a­g­3­0.c­o­m

• RRRRRRRRRR
    December 9, 2017 at 5:04 p.m.

Crazy ending. Fan got on field and was the recipient of one of the best tackles of the day by a female L.R. policewoman. Bad part was the penalty called on Warren for the incident???

• AmyCoates44
    December 9, 2017 at 6:31 p.m.

I am making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people say to me how much money they can make connected so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my existence. This is what I do......... w­w­w.T­a­g­3­0.c­o­m

• Jfish
    December 9, 2017 at 7:21 p.m.

That was one crazy ending and a shame it had to end that way, but I think the officials got it right. It looked to be a crazy Warren fan. Good game and I was surprised that Arkadelphia hung in there.

• pcritter
    December 9, 2017 at 8:14 p.m.

Someone explain the rule to me. Because I thought if it was someone with sideline credentials that was on the field it warranted a penalty. If was a random fan, no penalty. I also heard (unsubstantiated) that they penalty was later explained as intentional grounding when they tried to spike the ball. I'm confused.

• GraceHanson5
    December 10, 2017 at 12:33 a.m.

I'm making over 8k dollar a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. Rread more on this website about work. Good luck.....................
    w­w­w.W­i­k­4­.c­o­m