ROSE BUD Thirty people had applied as of Thursday to be superintendent of the 801-student Rose Bud School District.
Current Rose Bud Superintendent Chris Nail will take over July 1 as the superintendent of the Beebe School District.
The deadline was Friday, after press time, to apply for the Rose Bud position.
The list of Arkansas applicants to date include the following:
• Allen Blackwell, superintendent of the Gurdon School District.
• Tyler Broyles, assistant principal, Lisa Academy in Little Rock.
• Renata Bryant, school improvement specialist, the Forrest City School District.
• Tim Bullington, assistant principal of Vilonia High School.
• Jay Chalk, Gravette High School principal.
• Brian Cossey, elementary principal in the Wonderview School District and former Guy-Perkins superintendent.
• Andy Curry, superintendent of the Deer/Mount Judea School District.
• Jed Davis, head football coach/dean of students in the Marion School District and former Mayflower High School football coach.
• James Hancock, principal of Monticello Middle School.
• Eric Henderson, assistant principal of Heber Springs Middle School.
• Kenny Holland, principal of Lavaca Middle School.
• George Kennedy, superintendent of the Foreman School District.
• Willie “Heath” Miller, primary-school principal, the Lake Hamilton School District.
• Luke Lovins, principal of Paragould High School.
• Lori McKenzie, high school English instructor in the Sloan-Hendrix School District.
• Michael Odom, high school principal, the Nevada School District.
• Angela Olsen, a North Central College instructor in Harrison.
• Charnelsa Powell, superintendent of the Piggott School District.
• Rebecca Reed, principal of Cedarville Elementary School.
• Gary Rhinehart, elementary principal, the Scranton School District.
• Marc Sherrell, director of support services and athletic director, the Lonoke School District.
• Brad Slatton, boys basketball coach, Carlisle High School; and retired superintendent, the Fort Elliott (Texas) School District.
• Tim Smith, high school principal, the South Side Bee Branch School District.
• Johnny Taylor, boys basketball coach, Caddo Hills High School.
• Warren “Chris” Ellis, former principal and current athletic director, the Beebe School District.
• Ann Webb, retired superintendent of the Cedar Ridge School District.
Out-of-state applicants are as follows:
• Nic Campagna, superintendent internship, the Bloomfield Public School District in Connecticut.
• Bill Mullins, superintendent of the Marysville (Kansas) School District.
• Jimmy Ray, pre-K through 12 principal, Keota, Oklahoma.
• Jeff Spaletta, secondary administrator, the Kansas City (Missouri) Public Schools.
• Charles Stockton, retired superintendent of the Labette County (Kansas) School District.
Wade Weatherley, president of the Rose Bud School District board, said Nail has done an excellent job, and he will miss him.
However, Weatherley said he is confident the district will find another leader. He said he is looking for an administrator “who will keep us going in the direction we’re already headed, financially and test scores.”
Nail was hired as Rose Bud’s superintendent in March 2016, and his annual salary is $109,300, plus the use of a school vehicle and a house with utilities paid. In Beebe, he was given a 248-day contract and a starting salary of $140,000, plus a vehicle. The Beebe school district has 3,200 students.
Belinda Shook, who has been the Beebe superintendent for 13 years, will retire at the end of the school year.
Senior writer Tammy Keith can be reached at (501) 327-0370 or email@example.com.