• Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 600 N. Cedar St., North Little Rock, will have an appreciation and birthday celebration for its pastor, Tyrone Broomfield, at 5 p.m. today. (501) 374-9948.
• First Baptist Church, 531 Main St., Malvern, will host speaker Nadia Karnatova of Ukraine on receiving an Operation Christmas Child shoebox gift at 7 p.m. today. (501) 332-2482.
• First Lutheran Church, 314 E. Eighth St., will have a rummage sale to benefit church projects from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today. (501) 372-1023.
• First Missionary Baptist Church, 701 S. Gaines St., will have its annual Women's Day at 3 p.m. Sunday with speaker Renee Hubbard. (501) 835-9786 or (501) 590-1746.
• New Light Church of God in Christ, 5919 Roundtop Drive, North Little Rock, will celebrate the 38th anniversary of Sam Floyd as its pastor at 2:30 p.m. Sept. 16. (501) 945-0626 or (501) 515-4315.
• Starting Sunday, Hendrix College philosophy professor Peg Falls-Corbitt will lead adult Sunday School in "The Church in Civil Discourse" at 9:30 a.m. at Pulaski Heights Presbyterian Church, 4401 Woodlawn Drive.
The church's Friday Bible study fall/winter session will begin at 10 a.m. Friday, with refreshments at 9:30 a.m. phpreslr.com or (501) 663-8361.
• The new house of worship River City Reformed Presbyterian Church, 8300 Kanis Road, is a congregation of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church and meets at 5 p.m. on Sundays. rivercityarp.org, @RiverCityARP on Facebook. (479) 970-1384.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi St., will serve breakfast in the Parish Hall from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. with a suggested donation of $5/person and $15/family; and will begin fall Sunday School at 9:15 a.m. Sunday.
The curriculum will be "A Spiritual Tune Up" for all ages and classes run until Oct 7. Adults meet in the Parish Hall; check signs for youth and child class locations. st-marks.com or (501) 225-4203.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will have the Sunday School class "When I Was Hungry" to discuss addressing hunger in central Arkansas at 9:50 a.m. Sunday, Sept 16, 23 and 30 with speaker Kathy Webb.
The church will also have "Wednesdays Together" with dinner at 5:30 p.m. and classes for children and up from 6:30-7:15 p.m. Wednesday and Sept. 19. secondpreslr.org or (501) 227-0000.
• Sylvan Hills Church of Christ, 117 W. Maryland Ave., Sherwood, will hold Sylvan Hills Alive!, a neighborhood and family parking lot song fest, at 5:30 p.m. Sunday. The event will feature music at 6:30 p.m., bouncy castles, face painting and food. shcofc.org or (501) 835-4141.
• Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 310 W. 17th St., will hold its ministry fair at 10:15 a.m. at Morrison Hall. The church will begin a four-week study of the Jon Meacham book, The Soul of America, from 6-7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20, Sept. 27 and Oct. 4; (501) 372-0294.
• Union African Methodist Episcopal Church, 1825 St. Pulaski St., will host the "Taste and See"-themed First Lady's Tea at 4 p.m. Sunday at S.S. Morris Student Center, Shorter College, 604 Locust St., North Little Rock. Tickets are $25. firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 374-3528.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, fax (501) 372-4765 or email the information to:
Religion on 09/08/2018
Print Headline: Religion calendar