• Karen McDougal, a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Donald Trump before he was president, has sued Fox News, saying host Tucker Carlson defamed her on his show and falsely accused her of trying to extort money from Trump.
• John Bel Edwards, who is starting his second term as Louisiana's governor, is calling off his inaugural ball because the event would have been the same night as the national college football championship game, and he wants to watch if Louisiana State's Tigers are playing.
• Audrey Marsh, a British woman caught in a Spanish Pyrenees snowstorm who arrived at a Barcelona hospital with a body temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit, was revived after spending six hours in cardiac arrest, according to doctors who said they believe the cold preserved her organs.
• Jeff Leonard, police chief of Wake Forest, N.C., said the town decided to cancel what would have been its 72nd annual Christmas parade after the number of people planning to protest Confederate-themed floats grew from 10 to 200.
• Kenny Todd, a NASA spokesman, won't say what holiday goodies are on the way to International Space Station astronauts on the latest SpaceX launch, but the agency did say the cargo includes barley grains for a beer-malting experiment and an upgrade for a robot designed to show empathy to its human colleagues.
• Asia Vester is facing an aggravated-assault charge after Memphis police said she pointed a gun at employees of a McDonald's after they mistakenly gave her packets of ketchup instead of the jelly she had requested.
• Chris Cristi, a television reporter, said he and others aboard a news helicopter over downtown Los Angeles heard a bang and thought the aircraft had struck a bird until they landed and discovered a hole in the aircraft's tail that authorities believe was made by a drone.
• Keith Eisenhour, a Simi Valley, Calif., police officer, said a miniature Schnauzer died despite efforts by its owner to pry it from the jaws of a mountain lion that attacked the dog in its backyard, with the owner repeatedly punching the predator until it ran away.
• Crystal Cuevas-Rodriguez, who married her high school sweetheart, Javier Rodriquez, a two-time heart transplant recipient just days before he died at a Chicago hospice, said he wanted "his tombstone to say 'husband.'"
A Section on 12/06/2019
Print Headline: In the news