• Asbury United Methodist Church, 1700 Napa Valley Drive, will recognize its Boy Scouts BSA ministry at 8:30 and 10:45 a.m. Sunday. (501) 225-9231.
• Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott Jr. will be the Men's Day speaker at Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 815 W. 16th St., at 3 p.m. Feb. 17. (501) 374-2891.
• First Church of Christ, Scientist, 802 S. Claremont Ave., Sherwood, will have the lesson sermon "Spirit" at 10 a.m. Sunday. (501) 231-3162.
• First Baptist Church, 2015 Main St., North Little Rock, will host "Celebration of Love" in honor of Sharon Shelton at 5:30 p.m. Sunday with musical guests including The Zion 5. (501) 410 2523.
• First Baptist Church, 811 S.A. Jones Drive, North Little Rock, will host the North Little Rock City Mission Black History Worship "Strong Roots" at noon Monday with guests Landrum Marshall, Betty Cunningham and Eric Crowder-Jones. (501) 374-9394.
• First Christian Church, 16218 Interstate 30, Benton, will have a benefit performance by Emmet Cahill of Celtic Thunder at 7 p.m. Feb. 20. Tickets are available at emmetcahill.com and are $30/person and $45 for a meet-and-greet before the concert at 5:30 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the Christian Community Care Clinic in Benton. (501) 258-0556.
• Holly Grove African Methodist Episcopal Church, 7007 Hankins Road, North Little Rock, will hold its annual Founders' Day celebration at 3 p.m. Sunday with speaker Beverly White. (501) 835-2391.
• Jacksonville First Assembly of God, 221 N. Elm St., Jacksonville, will have girls from Russellville's Teen Challenge Girls Center sing and give testimony at 10:30 a.m. . (501) 982-5018.
• Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church, 105, N. Smothers St., North Little Rock, will have its annual Ushers Day celebration at 3 p.m. Sunday with speaker Rickey Lawson Sr. (501) 376-3575.
• Pulaski Heights Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 4724 Hillcrest Ave., will hold a quarterly potluck luncheon at noon Sunday in Hunter Hall after its 10:30 a.m. service. phcc-lr.org or (501) 663-8149.
• Quinn Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 8520 Colonel Miller Road, will have its Founders Day program at 3 p.m. Sunday with Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott Jr. (501) 455-3844.
• Second Baptist Church, 820 Short St., England, will celebrate its anniversary at 2:30 p.m. Sunday with Jethro Harris Jr. The church will also observe Black Hisory Month at 11 a.m. Feb. 17 with Raven Richard. The church will hold a mini health fair with blood pressure and blood glucose screenings, and requests that attendees wear red. (501) 842-2267.
• The Stephen Ministry at Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will host a free screening of Atul Gawande's Being Mortal at 2 p.m. Sunday; a panel discussion with the University of Arkansas for Medical Science's Palliative Care Team will be held afterward. Child care will be available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org; RSVP by email or (501) 227-0000.
The church will also hold Wednesdays Together, a series of classes and activities for children, teens and adults, at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20 and Feb. 27; and will have a Faith and Grief luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. Feb. 19 in Second Hall. secondpreslr.org.
• St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4106 John F. Kennedy Blvd., North Little Rock, will host the free concert, "A Classical Valentine" by the Johannes Trio and pianist Timothy Smith, at 7 p.m. Tuesday, with a reception afterward. (501) 753-3578.
• Ward Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 1301 Hanger St., will host a Black History program at 3 p.m. Sunday with speaker Terri Hollingsworth. (501) 372-6832.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, fax (501) 372-4765 or email the information to:
Religion on 02/09/2019
Print Headline: Religion calendar