• J. Dalton Person has been named partner at the Fort Smith law firm of Jones, Jackson, Moll, McGinnis & Stocks. He practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, commercial transactions, business organizations, real estate and employment law. His law degree is from the University of Arkansas School of Law, and he has a bachelor's degree from the University of Chicago. He serves as vice president of the Sebastian County Bar Association.
• Don McDonald, a Merrill Lynch financial adviser, was recently named to the 2019 Financial Times "401 Top Retirement Advisers" list. He is part of Merrill's Fort Smith office and an alumnus of Southern Arkansas University in Magnolia.
• Robert W. George and Matthew D. Mitchell were recently made partners at Eldredge & Clark in Rogers. George focuses on litigation, corporate governance and regulatory matters. He joined the firm in 2018. Mitchell concentrates on banking, corporate and securities, and real estate. He joined the firm in 2015.
• Sarah Langham has been named an assurance partner at HoganTaylor in Fayetteville. She joined the company in 2007. She has nearly 14 years of experience in public accounting.
• Melania Powell was recently made a tax partner at HoganTaylor in Fayetteville. Powell joined HoganTaylor in 2008. She has more than 12 years of experience in public accounting and extensive experience in tax compliance, due diligence, planning and research.
• Birch G. Wright, MPA, will become chief operating officer and hospital administrator of Washington Regional Medical Center on March 1. Wright earned a bachelor of arts degree and a master of public administration with an emphasis in health care administration from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
• Tyler L. CarlLee, M.D., has joined the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine as an orthopaedic surgeon. He is a graduate of the university and completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and is finishing a sports medicine and shoulder elbow fellowship with OrthoCarolina.
Briefs are for people in Northwest Arkansas who are new hires, were promoted, received an award from outside their organization or received a certification. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information must be received by noon Wednesday prior to the Sunday the item is to be published.
SundayMonday Business on 01/12/2020
Print Headline: Business people