MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will present its youth musical, Lion King Jr., at with students in grades 6-12 at 7 p.m. Friday and March 14 and will also include elementary-school students at 2 p.m. March 15. Tickets are $8, $10; and $15 Sunday in the narthex or at (501) 227-0000.
• St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4106 John F. Kennedy Blvd., North Little Rock, will host a free Brahms piano quartet performance with musicians Julie Cheek, Andrew Irvin, David Gerstein and Ryan Mooney at 7 p.m. Tuesday. (501) 753-4281.
• Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 310 W. 17th St., will host a free performance by its choir of Mozart's Requiem in place of Evensong at 5 p.m. Sunday with soloists Eli McCormack, Adam Baldwin and Stephanie Smittle, guest organist Daniel Beckwith and guest soloist Peter Hine. (501) 372-0294.
• Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 815 W. 16th St., will hold the Women's History Month celebration luncheon "Bold. Brave. Fearless: Words from Women Who Were First," at noon today with multiple guest speakers; the event is $20, and $10 for students. email@example.com or (501) 374-2891.
• Highland Valley United Methodist Church, 15524 Chenal Parkway, will host its United Methodist Women's presentation "Empowering Women for Economic Entrepreneurship" at 5 p.m. Sunday with free tamales served after. R.S.V.P. at (501) 224-6047.
• New Hebron Missionary Baptist Church, 7615 Woodson Road, will celebrate its 115th anniversary at 3 p.m. March 15 with speaker Cory Wiley. (501) 569-9970.
• New St. Hurricane Missionary Baptist Church, 3319 S. Ohio St., will celebrate the sixth anniversary of its pastor, Derick Easter, and his wife, Keely Easter, at 11 a.m. Sunday with speaker Clifford Mayes of Macedonia Baptist Church in Toledo, Ohio. (870) 536-8337.
• Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, 8500 Woodson Lateral Road, Woodson, will have its annual Fellowship Service at 11 a.m. Sunday with speaker Elnora Perkins. (501) 397-6197.
• Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church #3, 3801 Springer Blvd., will have its Men's Fellowship Auxiliary sponsor its annual Family and Friends Day service at 11 a.m. March 15 with speaker Jimmy Harper and Mt. Moriah Baptist Church. (501) 375-4598.
• Our Lady of the Holy Souls Catholic Church, 1003 N. Tyler St., will feature speaker Jay Clark of Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church for the 2020 Hillcrest Community Churches Ecumenical Lenten Series, "Surrender," at noon Friday; a free light lunch will be served after. (501) 663-8149.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will host Read Admire of Urban Food Loop giving the talk "Tips for Home Composting" from 6:30-7:15 p.m. Wednesday as the first of a three-week series on being environmentally friendly. Information on dinner and class options is available at secondpreslr.org. (501) 227-0000
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi St., will hold a four-week Better Angels skills workshop Sunday from 9:15-10:10 a.m. (501) 225-4203.
• Trinity Presbyterian Church, 4501 Rahling Road, will feature its five-octave Whitechapel handbells at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. (501) 868-5848.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, email the information to:
Religion on 03/07/2020
Print Headline: Religion calendar