The Little Rock School District is hosting a districtwide pre-kindergarten registration drive-thru event Saturday at Rockefeller Early Childhood Center.
The event, which offers the opportunity to enter an hourly drawing for electronic tablets, will be from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the site, 700 E. 17th St. in Little Rock.
The district offers pre-kindergarten classes for 3- and 4-year-olds at multiple locations throughout the district.
The district provides the following checklist of materials families will need to register their child on Saturday:
• Completed pre-k enrollment application.
• Completed pre-k school choice form.
• Child's birth certificate/visa/passport/military identification card.
• Child's Social Security card.
• Two proofs of address such as current utility bill, current lease agreement, government agency document, mortgage statement, personal property tax bill, vehicle registration or insurance.
• Proof of income for all parents/step-parents/guardians in the home. That could be 30 days of current pay stubs, letter from employer on letter head stating income and how often paid, IRS tax Schedule C or Schedule F for those self-employed; or current W-2 form for each adult living in home.
Those who are unemployed are asked to produce a notarized statement of no earned income. A free notary will be on-site Saturday for use by those who are unemployed. A government-issued identification card is necessary for use of the notary's services.
More information, including application forms, is available on the district's website: https://www.lrsd.org/EarlyChildhood or by calling (501) 447-7360.
The district's Early Childhood Office is located within the Geyer Springs Early Childhood Center, 5240 Mabelvale Pike. Use the 51st Street entrance.
Office hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.