Amity, circa 1910: The small rural Clark County town was named by Amariah Biggs in the early 1800s. He was a physician and a minister who explained that the word "amity" meant friendship. The timber and farming community had its own rail depot, before which two well-dressed young men posed in their buggy.
Arkansas Postcard Past, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203