Health code violations found at Little Rock pool complex where boy was infected by brain-eating amoeba

Health agency findings fault LR site tied to boy’s death

Cerebrospinal fluid smear containing trophozoites of brain-eating amoeba Naegleria fowleri and neutrophils is shown in this 3D illustration. / Getty Images

The Arkansas Department of Health identified six health code violations in the pool facility at the County Club of Little Rock where a 16-month-old boy was fatally infected by a brain-eating amoeba earlier this month.