Arkansas Postcard Past: Eureka Springs in 1908

Eureka Springs, 1908: The Thach Cottage began as a small four-room house atop West Mountain, built in 1880 for the Thach family. Over the next few years, it was expanded into a hotel of more than 100 rooms. The hotel was easily reached from the train station below the hill by a trolley car. Sadly, the Thatch burned in 1932 and only the stone wall stands today.

Send questions or comments to Arkansas Postcard Past, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203
Eureka Springs, 1908: The Thach Cottage began as a small four-room house atop West Mountain, built in 1880 for the Thach family. Over the next few years, it was expanded into a hotel of more than 100 rooms. The hotel was easily reached from the train station below the hill by a trolley car. Sadly, the Thatch burned in 1932 and only the stone wall stands today. Send questions or comments to Arkansas Postcard Past, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203


Eureka Springs, 1908: The Thach Cottage began as a small four-room house atop West Mountain, built in 1880 for the Thach family. Over the next few years, it was expanded into a hotel of more than 100 rooms. The hotel was easily reached from the train station below the hill by a trolley car. Sadly, the Thatch burned in 1932 and only the stone wall stands today.

Send questions or comments to Arkansas Postcard Past, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203


Upcoming Events