Today's Paper Search Latest stories Listen Traffic Legislature Newsletters Most commented Obits Weather Puzzles + Games
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
story.lead_photo.caption An electrocuted squirrel behind a grass fire Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2015, in Polk County sits in the foreground as a crew works to contain the blaze. - Photo by POLK COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT

A squirrel sitting on an electric power pole caused a small grass fire in Polk County on Tuesday morning, emergency officials said.

According to a post on Facebook, the squirrel shorted out an electric transformer on Gardenia Lane south of Potter, causing "hot sparks [to fall] on very dry grass."

The Potter Rural Volunteer Fire Department and the Arkansas Forestry Commission contained the fire, which encompassed an area of about 1 acre.

Attempts to reach emergency officials Tuesday afternoon for more details were not immediately returned.

Photo by POLK COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Emergency officials respond to a small grass fire in Polk County caused by a squirrel sitting on top of an electric transformer on Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2015.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sponsor Content

Comments

You must be signed in to post comments
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT