Thirty artists from a nine-state region -- 19 of them from Arkansas -- have been selected to be featured in the Arkansas Arts Center's Delta Exhibition, the center announced this week.
The Delta Exhibition is in its 58th year and will be on display June 10 through Aug. 28.
Arts Center Executive Director Todd Herman said the exhibit generates excitement each year because it gives visitors the opportunity to see the work of contemporary artists from their region.
The juror for this year's exhibit is Elizabeth Garvey, co-founder and owner of Garvey-Simon Art Access Inc., based in New York.
Garvey has been a fine art dealer and adviser in New York City for more than 20 years and has a boutique gallery in Manhattan.
She chose 52 artworks by 30 artists for this year's show out of 1,038 entries from 457 artists. She will choose the winners of a $2,500 Grand Award and two $750 Delta Awards.
A group of Arkansas Arts Center members also will give a $250 Contemporaries Delta Award.
There will be a preview event June 9 for the artists and Arts Center members only, during which the winners will be announced. Garvey will deliver a lecture at 6 p.m. that day.
Anyone else can view the exhibit from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays from June 10 through Aug. 28.
Artists whose works will be featured in the exhibit are:
• David Bailin of Little Rock.
• Dustyn Bork of Batesville.
• Win Bruhl of Little Rock.
• Anais Dasse of Little Rock.
• Bryan Frazier of Little Rock.
• John Green of Little Rock.
• Anne Greenwood of Hot Springs.
• Mia Hall of Little Rock.
• Heidi Hogden of Little Rock.
• Tim Hursley of Little Rock.
• Joli Livaudais of Cammack Village.
• Lawrence McElroy of Alexander.
• Dusty Mitchell of Mountain View.
• Laura Raborn of Little Rock.
• Tom Richard of Monticello.
• Nathaniel Roe of Little Rock.
• Sabine Schmidt of Fayetteville.
• Katherine Toler of Little Rock.
• Cathy Wester of Conway.
• Hunter Stamps of Lexington, Ky.
• Michael Elliott-Smith of Alexandria, La.
• Pokey Alrutz of Springfield, Mo.
• Louis Watts of Chapel Hill, N.C.
• Mark Lewis of Tulsa.
• Brooke Budy of Portland, Ore.
• Paula Kovarik of Memphis.
• Jeanne Seagle of Memphis.
• Julie Brook Alexander of Houston, Texas.
• Steven Barker of Mount Pleasant, Texas.
• Randall McCabe of Houston, Texas.
Metro on 04/21/2016