Today's Paper Latest stories 2018 election city/county races Most commented Obits Traffic Newsletters Weather Puzzles + games
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
story.lead_photo.caption From left, Ja'keim Grant and Jaheim Macon

Two Little Rock teens accused of shooting a 58-year-old man twice during a robbery over the weekend pleaded not guilty Monday.

Ja'keim Grant and Jaheim Macon, both 15, appeared for an 8 a.m. arraignment hearing via video. They face felony charges of first-degree battery and aggravated robbery.

Shortly before 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to a disturbance on Wilson Street, where a man said he had seen two black males standing behind his neighbor, 58-year-old Kevin Wilson, according to a report from the Little Rock Police Department. One was holding a "glock-like gun" to the back of Wilson's head, the witness said.

Officers found Wilson on his couch inside his home with gunshot wounds in the front of his abdomen and the middle of his back, the report said.

Wilson told officers that he was walking home from buying a box of cigarettes when the teens approached him from behind, threatening to shoot him in the head unless he gave them money. Wilson reportedly told them he didn't have any money.

The teens followed him into his house and shot him twice, Wilson told police.

The neighbor said he later saw the suspects, who were later identified as Grant and Macon, fleeing west on West 10th Street.

Wilson was transported to UAMS Medical Center, where his injuries were deemed serious but not life-threatening, Arkansas Online previously reported.

Each of the teen's bail was set at $25,000 Monday morning. They are both charged as adults, according to prosecutor Michael Wright.

As of Monday afternoon, both remained at the Pulaski County jail. Their next court appearance is set for Dec. 15.

ADVERTISEMENT

More headlines

Sponsor Content

Comments

You must be signed in to post comments
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT