Today's Paper Latest stories 🏈 High school scoreboard Obits Traffic Newsletters Weather Puzzles + games

A man asked a woman to eat with him at a Little Rock restaurant Wednesday night but later got up, pulled out a gun and joined in with two others who were robbing the business, authorities said.

It happened about 9 p.m. at China Plus Buffet at 6211 Colonel Glenn Road.

Little Rock police say a 63-year-old woman at the restaurant told investigators that a man she met earlier that day asked her to eat with him there.

Several minutes after they arrived at the business, two other people entered, including one who pointed a handgun at her as they grabbed money from the register, according to a Little Rock Police Department report.

The man who arrived earlier to eat with the woman then "got up and pointed a silver handgun" at an employee and stated "give them the money," the report said.

All three robbers then fled the premises and hadn't been identified or located at the time of the report. The woman said the man she met identified himself only as "Chris."

The report didn't list a race or age range for the man, but it said he stood about 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighed 190 pounds and had a full beard.

More headlines

Comments

• HarleyOwner
    October 19, 2017 at 11:55 a.m.

Little Rock is still a dangerous city regardless of the extra cops.

• PopMom
    October 19, 2017 at 12:13 p.m.

Well, I thought that I had some bad dates in my youth. This one tops the cake!

• obbie
    October 19, 2017 at 12:39 p.m.

Maybe the food was not cooked to his taste.

• gagewatcher
    October 19, 2017 at 12:50 p.m.

Please ladies be more careful with whom you associate.

• LR1955
    October 19, 2017 at 4:01 p.m.

Ruby, I've been saying the same thing but about letting a guy move in. Who'd ever think the bad side would rear its head on the first date!?!? SMH

• ketchupmustard
    October 19, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.

Such a peaceful city. . . what a great place to raise a family.

• titleist10
    October 19, 2017 at 4:32 p.m.

Why no discription of the robbers?

• Brendaschley
    November 18, 2017 at 7:02 p.m.

Good day everybody, This is my format testimony on how i won $310.5 Million Powerball Jackpot lottery. I want to use this opportunity to thank Great Prophet ikehedu for casting winning spell for me to win the lottery of $310.5 million lottery ticket. I have been playing lotteries for the past 3 years now and i have never won any. Ever since then i have not been able to win any lotto and i was so upset and i needed help to win this mega million lottery. so i decided to go online and search for help, there i saw so many good testimony about this man called Prophet ikehedu of how he has cast lucky spell lotto for people to win the lottery. I contacted him also and told him i want to win the power ball lottery, he cast a spell for me which i use to play and won $310.5 million dollars in power ball lottery. I am so grateful to this man, just in-case you also need him to help you win, you can contact him through his email: (prophetikehedu(at))gmail(doth)com) he will surely help you just the way he has helped me. i will forever be grateful to him and always testify the good work of him to the whole world. contact him via email: (prophetikehedu(at)gmail(doth)com)