Offers.com lists a few Halloween freebies and deals; since participation varies by location and franchise, they, and we, recommend you check with your local outlet before making specific plans.
• Applebee's specialty Zombie Cocktail, featuring rum, pineapple, passion fruit, cherry and lime flavors, and is garnished with a gummy "brain," is $1 every day in October.
• At Baskin-Robbins, get $1.50 ice cream scoops on Halloween. Flavor of the Month is Trick Oreo Treat, a vanilla ice cream base packed with crumbled pieces of orange creme-filled Oreo cookies and Baby Ruth and Butterfinger candy pieces. There's also the Fang-Tastic Monster Cake, decorated with orange fur, three eyes and a happy smile, which you can customize with the ice cream flavor of your choice.
• Chili's Great Pumpkin 'Rita, $5 through Halloween, combines Monin Pumpkin Spice Syrup, Lunazul Silver Tequila, triple sec and a splash of Captain Morgan rum.
• Guests who show up in costume at Chuck E. Cheese during "Chucktober" get 50 free tickets.
• At IHOP, kids 12 and younger get a free Scary Face Pancake, 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 31 (one pancake per child, dine-in only).
• Dunkin' Donuts offers a new Halloween Oreo Donut and the return of the Spider Donut. And Krispy Kreme's annual Halloween collection features new Trick-or-Treat and Monster Batter doughnuts, joining the Jack-O-Lantern Doughnut and the Chocolate Iced Doughnut with Halloween Sprinkles. Come in costume Wednesday and get a free doughnut of your choice.
• Papa John's pumpkin-shaped jack-o'-lantern pizza is $11 through Wednesday (use the code JACKOLANTERN if you're ordering online). They're also running Halloween Party meal deals, including five large one-topping pizzas with the option of three bread sides or three desserts for $55. (Visit papajohns.com/order/menu?special=Parties.)
• Participating Red Robin locations offer $1.99 kids meals on Wednesdays, including Halloween.