• The Caroline Blackman Missionary Society of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 600 Cedar St., North Little Rock, will host a Spring Bazaar, selling various items from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today. Admission is free; lunch is $8. (501) 374-9948.
• The Cabot Wild Game Expo will take place in the gym and annex of Cabot High School, 401 N. Lincoln St., Cabot, at 6 p.m. today. The expo is hosted by First Baptist Church Cabot, 204 N. Third St.; and Mount Carmel Baptist Church, 163 Mount Carmel Road, Cabot. A vendor fair begins at 1 p.m. Tickets are required, $20 for adults and free for children 8 and under at cwgexpo.com. (501) 843-5472.
• First Christian Church, 14411 Taylor Loop Road, will hold "Fat Sunday" after its 10:30 a.m. service Sunday with Cajun food, games, prizes, music and children's activities. (501) 225-5656.
• First Lutheran Church, 314 E. Eighth St., will hold an Ash Wednesday Communion service at 7 p.m. Wednesday. During Lent, the sanctuary will be open from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays for prayer and meditation. (501) 372-1023.
• Geyer Springs First Baptist Church, 12400 Interstate 30, will host a performance by Grammy Award-winning Bill Gaither and the Gaither Vocal Band at 7 p.m. March 15. (501) 455-3474.
• Grace Presbyterian Church, 9301 N. Rodney Parham Road, will begin a four-week series led by Hendrix College professor Robert Williamson on his book The Forgotten Books of the Bible at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. gracelr.org or (501) 225-3274.
• Greater Center Star Missionary Baptist Church, 800 W. 33rd St., will celebrate the fifth anniversary of its pastor, Kenneth Traylor, at 3 p.m. March 10 with guest Bishop Kenneth Robinson. (501) 374-7109.
• Greater New Hope Baptist Church, 1723 W. 44th St., North Little Rock, will celebrate the second anniversary of Luther Green Jr. as pastor at 3 p.m. March 10 with guest Larry Johnson. (501) 758-4651 or (501) 376-9631.
• Primrose United Methodist Church, 3006 W. Dixon Road, will hold its annual rummage sale from 7-11 a.m. today. Proceeds will benefit the church's missions. (501) 888-3854.
• Quapaw Quarter United Methodist Church, 1601 S. Louisiana St., will host a free Mardi Gras Gumbo and Karaoke party from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Fellowship Hall. (501) 375-1600.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi St., will host a pancake breakfast benefiting the church's youth programs from 8:45-9:45 a.m. Sunday, with a suggested donation of $5 per person and $15 per family; and will hold Ash Wednesday services at noon and 6:30 p.m. Wednesday with holy Eucharist and imposition of ashes.
The church will also host the half-day retreat "Becoming Wholehearted" with Tom Elliott from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 9. Cost for the retreat is $35 for materials and a midday snack. Register at lovesaintmarks.eventbrite.com or (501) 225-4203.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will hold its Ash Wednesday service at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. (501) 227-0000.
• St. James United Methodist Church, 900 N. University Drive, Pine Bluff, will hold its Women's Day with guest Ouida Lee at 3 p.m. March 10. The theme is "150 Years of Anointed Women." (870) 536-6366.
• Trinity Presbyterian Church, 4501 Rahling Road, will hold a pancake supper at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, and an Ash Wednesday service afterward. trinitypreslr.com or (501) 868-5848.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, fax (501) 372-4765 or email the information to:
Religion on 03/02/2019
Print Headline: Religion calendar